- Please introduce yourself?
Hallo, I’m Janine Steyn. I’m a married mother of a sweet little girl. I love to experience new things …..be it travel, food or wine.
- When & why did you start Glove Jewellery
I started Glove in 2005 when I completed my degree with a fashion label frock. My degree was about how jewellery and clothing can complement each other.
- Tell me a little more about your concept, brand and store and your favourite
There are many concepts that form my brand. I have a ready to wear range which is for everyday wearable designs that tell a story about my heritage, loves or style and then we have a range that is inspired by the client which I custom design and make.
- Where did you study and what is your background?
I started studying jewellery design and manufacturing in 1999 at Erica campus in Port Elizabeth. I furthered my studies at the CPUT in Cape Town where I completed my degree in jewellery design and manufacturing. I am very grateful that I found my passion in life.
- Would you like to design a collection for an important brand? if so which one?
Not really, I enjoy being my own boss and to create what inspires me in life.
- Where do you sell your collections/designs mostly?
Hello Pretty, Root 44 market, Present Space, and at some yearly markets.
- What’s your favourite thing you’ve ever created?
- What has/is strongly impacting our work at the moment?
My main focus at the moment is developing my family range.
- What’s the best advice you ever had about how to be more creative?
I very much focus on not copying others. I think we should all respect one another and focus on our own creations.
- What are your future plans, dreams and aspirations for Glove Jewellery?
I would Glove to have a greater online presence and grow the business so that we can employ and empower people to learn a trade they knew nothing about.
It’s such a pleasure having Gove Jewellery on board with Urban Noun. With such passion to empower and embrace life, it’s been a pleasure promoting them. #whywelovewhatwedo