- Please introduce yourself?
I am a fine art photographer that sell my work as a collection of décor prints, wallpaper, and small fabric products and jewellery. I live in Nature’s Valley, South Africa with my husband and two dogs.
- When & why did you start Natascha van Niekerk Photography
I always wanted to sell my work as prints and decided to take the plunge about three years ago.
- Tell me a little more about your concept, brand and store and your favourite
My work is deeply inspired by the natural world, plants, flowers, mountains, sea… I think with my brand and products I would like to remind people of the simple beauties in life, those seemingly ‘ordinary’ things that we so often forget or take for granted.
- Where did you study and what is your background?
I did my degree in Photography at the Tshwane University of Technology in Pretoria, South Africa. After finishing my studies I taught for many years before I started my own business.
- Where do you sell your collections/designs mostly?
I mainly run an online shop and ship my products worldwide.
- What’s your favourite thing you’ve ever created?
At this stage it is definitely my botanical print collection
- What are you trying to communicate with your art?
A gentle reminder of the fragile and beautiful nature of the earth.
- What Role does or would you like your work to have in Society?
To bring beauty into people’s homes! To supply a small haven, a respite from stress, sorrow and difficulty.
- What has/is strongly impacting our work at the moment?
I am lucky enough to live in an incredible part of our country. Surrounded by sea, lakes, forests and mountains, it is easy for me to be inspired by my environment every day. I want to share this with others through my work.
- What’s the best advice you ever had about how to be more creative?
Find your passion and pursue it.
- What are your future plans, dreams and aspirations for Natascha van Niekerk Photography?
I would like to branch out into an International market more.
It’s been such a pleasure having Natascha on board with us. To pursue your passions and dreams is what this life is all about! And I feel privileged to be able to have been a small part of Nataschas dreams. #whywelovewhatwedo